Advice and tips on caring for your dentures
- Only your dental professional is qualified to diagnose your oral health and adjust your denture or partial.
- Dentures should be brushed inside and outside daily with a soft, denture tooth brush with round-ended bristles.
- Do not clean your denture with toothpastes as they are too abrasive and will scratch your denture. Just brush and rinse the denture under some cold water.
- Dentures warp if placed in hot water.
- Inspect your denture regularly for worn teeth.
- Worn and stained dentures can make you look older and cause your dentures to function poorly.
- Discuss all your current medications with your doctor and dental professional.
- Be sure to visit your dentists regularly.
- Have loose dentures checked immediately as they can cause friction and pressure on the gum tissues and bones.